Extending 358 miles from the 175th Street Subway Station in New York City to John Boyd Thacher State Park near Albany in New York, the Long Path Trail is a thread connecting many of New York's parks, preserves, and state forest land.
The Long Path is lovingly maintained by 250 Trail Conference volunteers and member groups. The Long Path Guide (5th edition; 2nd printing; 2005) is out of print, but we have made an online version available below.
- Overview map of the Long Path
- Updated Long Path Guide-Electronic Edition
- Updated Long Path Guide-Printable Text Edition
- Backpacking the Long Path
- Current conditions and updates
- General Trail Alerts
- Available maps for the trail
- Table of Distances
- LP End-to-End tally sheet
- List of LP End-to-Enders
- Find information about the parks mentioned in this article in our Hike and Park Finder.
- Who created the Long Path? Find out here.
- Check out "Friends of the Long Path" on facebook.