A variation of Australia's 15 Highest Peaks Route . This 44km route includes Australia's sixteen highest peaks starting and finishing at Charlotte's Pass Parking Area.
The sixteen highest peaks in summit order are:
- Mount Twynam, at 2,196 metres
- Little Twynam, at 2,120 metres
- Watsons Crags/Tennison Woods Knoll, at 2,136 metres
- Carruthers Peak, at 2,145 metres
- Mount Lee, at 2,100 metres (6,900 ft)
- Mount Northcote, at 2,131 metres
- Mount Clark, at 2,100 metres
- Muellers Peak, at 2,120 metres
- Alice Rawson Peak, at 2,160 metres
- Mount Townsend, at 2,209 metres
- Abbott Peak, at 2,145 metres
- Byatts Camp/Mt DuFaur, at 2,159 metres
- Mount Kosciuszko, at 2,228 metres
- Unnamed peak on Etheridge Ridge at 2,180 metres
- Rams Head North, at 2,177 metres
- Rams Head, at 2,190 metres
The route can be run either clockwise or anticlockwise and features a variety of trail, off trail and possibly snow. There is nowhere to refuel, however there are numerous water sources en-route.
The difference between this Route and the Australia's 15 Highest Peaks Route is that this variation includes Mt Clarke (2100m) & Mt Lee(2100m), but excludes Rams Head South (2052m). The list is taken from wiki.
Also the start/end point at the car park is more convenient for most - and it ensures the route is 100% trail.