**Note: perhaps this should be marked as a separate route variation...it is the same objective as the "Five Peaks Traverse" listed here but just point-to-point with a different starting point.
Now that was A LOT of choss.
After a summer of running in Washington, I decided to do the most mountain-y thing that Bend has to offer—traversing the Three Sisters and climbing Broken Top and Bachelor. Here are the notes from my Strava write-up!
Pole Creek: 0:00
- I almost quit approximately 35 times. If Zoë hadn’t left me a treasure hunt on top of BT, I certainly would have been hightailing it down to the road after South.
- The choss is ROWDY coming up the north ridge of South. Like, the rowdiest. And not in a good way. I think hit my all time running low towards the top. Do some people go up the NW ridge?
- Zoë and Barry hid a literal pound cake for me on top of BT. Definite highlight of the day. And they ran me down off Bachelor too! ❤️
- The one thing I wish I had done differently is a traverse of the Broken Top skyline and down the south ridge (or SW ridge? Not sure how it’s climbed from that side). Then it’d be a truer traverse! I suppose I could have cut through the trees after the scree so as not to retrace any steps too.
- I love running into friends up in the mountains! One of my favorite things about Bend is that this is all of our backyard.
- I’d be pretty psyched if I never ran a volcano again.
Super Solid Jenny!!! 🙌🏻 🤘🏻