South Plains Terminal to Estelline Terminal. Solo self supported [drop bags] effort. Completed the entire 64 mile distance. Watch was stopped for charging in Turkey and died at mile 49. Garmin inReach SatNav remained on the entire time (including charging and sleep sessions).
• Stopped in Turkey for 1 hr to charge gear.
• Hiked through the night from Turkey to Parnell Station. Took a two hour nap at Parnell until the sun started to rise.
• Hogs, Racoons, Deer, Skunks, Bats, Coyotes, were present amongst others. Evening run ins with packs of Hog proved to be a constant battle.
• Drop bags were set at Parnell Station, Tampico Siding, Turkey, and Quitaque on the way in.
• Headlamp ran out of battery. Navigated by West Texas Blood Moon for the last 4 hours.
*There are no public taps or access points for the first 22 miles.
*Received no outside help for the entire distance.
Trail was beautiful, overgrown in spots. I ran some. Hiked most due to terrain.