I set out on a Supported attempt of the Leicestershire Round - running by myself with manned checkpoints.
Conditions: The ground was wet from previous rainfall & we had drizzle for the first 15 miles. The rest of the course was partially cloud, wet underfoot but no rain.
Start: 52.738200, -1.029542
CP1: Laude Abbey - Provided with Water & Snacks
- Hilly & Muddy but felt good.
CP2: Foxton Lock - Provided with Water, Tea & Snacks
- Had some gastric distress & struggled to keep liquids/solids down
CP3: Willoughby Waterleys - Provided with Water, Tea & Snacks
- 'Mentally' the second most difficult part of the course. Spirits lifted as we moved into night.
CP4: Barwell - Provided with Water, Tea & Snacks
- Most enjoyable leg - calm and relaxing through the night despite a couple of run ins with cows & horses
CP5: Market Bosworth - Provided with Water, Tea & Snacks
- Felt great up to Markfield. Struggled with aches & motivation to get to Newtown Linford
CP6: Newtown Linford - Provided with Water, Hot Choc & Snacks
- Power hike up Old John. Struggled once again at Swithland Reservoir. Got a second wind on route to Cossington whilst some underfoot blisters started to cause issues. We were then left with the home straight before rest, relaxation & recovery take priority.
Finish: 52.738200, -1.029542
Backpack: Tracker, extra layer, first aid, snacks & 1.75L of water/Iso. Head torch at night. Viewranger OS map on iPhone for Nav.