The success or failure - and misery or enjoyment - of a project is often dependent on your partner! Everyone intuitively knows this but we rarely hear any discussion about it - so let's discuss it with Jared Campbell.
Potential partners should talk in advance to ascertain:
- Are we inspired by this route or is it a 'resumé-builder'?
- Will there be media coverage or will it be private?
- Is this "do or die'"or are we going to "see how it goes"?
- Have the necessary technical skills been rehearsed in advance?
"This is what you signed up for!"
During the project keep discussing:
- An honest look at each others condition
- A frank assessment of the conditions and safety
- It's a team effort - how can we work together, and maybe support someone who is struggling
"No mistakes now guys"