Everyone is disappointed that races were cancelled or postponed. What about the race directors themselves - this is how they make a living - what is their perspective?
James Varner, Rainshadow Running:
"We're known for our post-race parties as much as the running; it's one big happy family. That's all a big no-no right now with social distancing."
Justin Ricks, Mad Moose Events:
"When you lose something, you realize what you're missing. When people come back, there will be a lot of positive energy."
Justin is a resident of Moab, Utah, and offers a behind-the-scenes look at the local closure of this iconic recreation destination:
"150-200 business leaders in Moab attended the Grand Council meeting in regard to my events. It’s been an interesting time!"
Support your local Race Directors!
- Rainshadow Running
- City: Winthrop, WA
- Age: 42
- Done: HR100 33rd, 47th, 22nd, 29th, 22nd; 89 Finishes on UltraSignup
- Company Notes: Founded 2006; 13 weekends of races
- Company Website: www.rainshadowrunning.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rainshadowrunning/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rainshadowrun
- ‘Gram: https://www.instagram.com/rainshadowrunning/
- Mad Moose Events
- City: Moab, UT
- Age: 40
- Done: Moab Red Hot 3rd, 8th, 1st, 1st, 7th, 7th; Moab Trail Marathon 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 10th; first 5k at age 5
- Company Notes: Founded 2015 years; 20 events
- Company Website: www.madmooseevents.com
- Facebook: Mad Moose Events
- Twitter: @madmooseevents
- ‘Gram: @madmoose.events
Race Directors...generally over-worked and underpaid...feel for you guys during this week-by-week season!