FKT: Kiana Ramli - Mt Dana & Mt Gibbs (Yosemite, CA) - 2021-06-30

Route variation
Dana & Gibbs, TH-TH
Gender category
Start date
Finish date
Total time
3h 58m 43s
GPS track(s)

The Mt Dana & Mt Gibbs peak link-up is a classic favorite of mine in Yosemite and there are many different variations of the route given that only about 37% of it is on a designated trail and the remaining 63% is off-trail running on scree and duff. I completed this run solo, unsupported, and refilled my 500ml flask at the Dana Fork of the Tuolumne River on the descent. I hopped on to the Mono Pass Trail via the north-west ridge of Gibbs but you can also take the south-west face or ridge down to the Mono Pass Trail or do the route as an out-and-back to add in more vert. Definitely bring your poles so that you don't break your ankles on the down-hill scree scrambling.