FKTam300, 2022-03-17 to 2022-03-29
"It always seems impossible until it's done!" - Nelson Mandela
- 320+ miles of (supported) hill repeats on Mount Tamalpais (Mt Tam) in Marin, CA, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tamalpais.
- The route is ~8M per lap, http://bit.ly/FKTam300BaseLoop.
- Each summit is 2,572' from Mill Valley Town Square to Fire Lookout Tower on Mt Tam East Peak.
- To test the limit of the human will, the power of the mind and edge that fine line between what is possible and impossible.
- FKT, stands for Fastest Known Time, hence my naming the event #FKTam300
- 40 laps x 8M/lap = 320M
- 40 laps x 4hrs/lap = 160hrs or 6.67 days (moving time only)
- 40 laps x 2,572'/summit = 102,880' vertical gain
- 102,880' ✢ 29,029'/Mt Everest = 3.5x Mt Everest
- Strava, https://bit.ly/FKTam300OnStrava | Garmin, https://bit.ly/FKTam300OnGarmin
Total Mileage: 385.21M - the GPS recording has a margin of error due to GPS Drift, bit.ly/GPSDrift, a common phenomena with consumer GPS devices over multi-day usage. Actual mileage is a minimum of 320M plus a few extra.
- Total Elapsed Time: 289:01:52 or 12 days 1 hrs 1 min 52 sec
- Total Vertical Gain: 101,201' - Start was located at 41' above sea level which accounts for the 1,679' difference or 41' per lap.
- Total Calories Burned: 64,237
- Shoes: 2 pairs of brand new Altras that are totally trashed now
NBC Bay Area News
- 2022-03-22, NBC Bay Area News, Feature Coverage, https://bit.ly/FKTam300NBCNews20220323Featured
- 2022-03-29, NBC Bay Area News, Story Update, https://bit.ly/FKTam300NBCNews20220329Update
- 2022-04-06, DoBigThings Interview, https://bit.ly/FKTam300DoBigThingsInterview
- 2022-04-02, The Mile 99 Interview, https://bit.ly/FKTam300OnTheMile99Interview
#DoEpicShit #DontDoEasy #ZeroLimits #Everesting
#TeamVictory #SanFranciscoRunningCompany #VictorySportdesign #AltraRunning #ElevatedLegs #MtTamSportnSpine #SpringEnergy #m4mRunningForDylan #DoBigThings #EatCleanRunDirty #TheMile99Interview #Strava
#Believe #DareToDream #OneTeamOneGoal