What's new, cool, and coming? Find out on our 100th podcast, with the four people supporting what you do.
Peter: "I really like our new Regional Editors, because it's building a community. They know more about their area than I do.
Jeff: "We've seen a 500% increase in traffic, which required upgrades to the Maps, the Forms, the storage, everything. It's always all about the improving the user experience."
Craig: "I put out a Newsletter every Monday, and it's incredible trying to select the FKTs to highlight. This week Alyssa Godesky and Sarah Keyes did the Adirondack 46ers at the same time, but starting a different trailheads - it was like a friendly socially distanced race."
Helpful Info Links:
Sign up for the FKT Newsletter here! This has very good content, and unlike most newsletters it's not all advertising. In your In-Box every Monday.
Want to be a Regional Editor? Use the contact form and let us know (and "Regional" means the whole world - Asia and Europe as well as the US).
Follow FKT action here:
- 'Gram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7JHTWQgWx2/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FastestKnown/status/1215645513019559936
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/fastestknown/posts/1552751631538983
Donate here (really helps!):
FKTs in the news:
Five Thirty Eight documents the increase in FKT's with great graphics in, "Canceled Races Aren’t Stopping Endurance Athletes From Setting Wild New Records."
National Public Radio aired a 4 minute interview on FKTs, "Alone in the Wild: Endurance Runs Gain Popularity."
Outside Magazine hops on the bandwagon with "The Enduring Appeal of the Fastest Known Time."
Podium Runner says, "FKT: the Pandemic Proof Challenge."
Colorado Sun describes, "Without the burden of races, Colorado’s long-distance runners are shattering trail records."
Fastest Known Time
- 10/27/2017 - Peter Bakwin, Buzz Burrell, Jeff Schuler form Fastest Known Time LLC
- 3/272018 - fastestknowntime.com goes live!
- 9/15/2018 - First podcast (Anton Krupicka)
- 8/28/2020 - 100th podcast
- Peter Bakwin - Verifies and processes all Routes and FKTs!
- Buzz Burrell - Podcast, answers web questions, annoys partners by suggesting we add age groups and other sports
- Jeff Schuler - All web design and development
- Craig Randall - Esteemed Sound Engineer, newsletter, social media
The above Bios here.
Maybe the FKT of the Year season could be paired with the fastest known funding drive!?!
Notifications = yes please! This is the only thing I miss from the old site. Thank you for putting it near the top of the priority list.