Sean O'Rourke defended his PhD thesis in 2009 (so he is a doctor) and instead of starting a job, immediately moved into is car so he could climb more mountains (thus he's a legit dirtbag too). And those 18 FKTs?
"I’m a so-so runner and climber who has found a niche and focused on it."
Nice work Sean! Dr Dirtbag has since written a book, bike-packed in South America, and ... lives out of a slightly larger car.
"I am pretty good at objectives with: (1) enough climbing to keep the runners away; (2) enough running to keep the climbers away; and (3) no money to be made."
- Age: 43
- City of Residence: none
- Family: none
- Occupation: former computer scientist, degenerate peak-bagger
- Sports Highlights - - -
- Jemez Mountain 50k (1st, 2010)
- San Juan Solstice 50m (3rd, 2010)
- Notable long days: Kaweah Traverse, Mount Robson (Kain route), Northern Pickets Traverse
- All lower 48 14ers (except Liberty Cap)
- Notable FKTs - - -
- Social Media - - -
- Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/15594388
- Facebook: none
- ‘Gram: none
- Twitter: none
- Other: http://drdirtbag.com/
Subscribe to the Fastest Known Podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, or Spotify.