There are a million newsletters out there, and Semi-rad.com is the only one I subscribe to. Why? Because Brendan illustrates (literally) how runners actually feel and think - and laugh!
"Pizza is a better invention than the Internet."
He wrote and produced an excellent video, which has received over 5 million views because it was real, called "How To Run A Hundred Miles." He even once interviewed me (Buzz) on the Off The Couch podcast.
"Whenever I'm having a bad day, I remember that at least I did not invent Facebook."
His new book, published March 16, is, "I HATE RUNNING and you can too. How to Get Started, Keep Going, and Make Sense of an Irrational Passion." It's worth it especially for the illustrations. I recommend it. Here is our very brief Book Review.
Listen to this podcast, as Brendan makes sense of our "irrational passion".
- Age: 42
- City: Missoula, Montana
- Family: Hilary (wife) Rowlf (dog)
- Occupation: Writer/illustrator/filmmaker/speaker
- Sports Highlights - - -
- Ran 26.2 miles 52 times in one year (2019);
- Bicycled across America in 2010
- Finisher, Bighorn 100, Hellbender 100, Run Rabbit Run 100
- Rattlesnake Creek 5 Peaks Loop FKT
- Have eaten pizza in 38 states and 12 countries
- Media - - -