Meghan Hicks has run countless ultra marathons, while she seems to specialize in the really long adventures. Such as five top-ten finishes at the Marathon des Sables! More locally, she has great results on the iconic Nolan's 14 line.
"I played around on the Nolan's line for 2-3 years before I thought it was even possible to do it".
Then she set the Female FKT in 2016. Which Sabrina Stanley broke on August 10 this year. Which Meghan took back on September 5. Which Sabrina re-took on October 3. The ladies are getting after it!
A special Thank You to Zoë Rom, for co-hosting this week's episode!
Please support what you listen to:
Thank you to Athletic Brewing Company who make beer without compromise. Try their award-winning non-alcoholic beer. They sponsor FKT-athletes like Ryan Kempson and have a fantastic trails improvement initiative. Support brands that support the sport! 🍻
- Age: 42
- City of residence: Silverton, Colorado and Moab, Utah
- Work/Occupation: iRunFar.com Managing Editor
- Family: Married to Bryon Powell, no kids, my mother and brother live in Minnesota where I attended middle and high school
- Sports Highlights - -
- I began running in middle school.
- I started trail running around 2004, ran my first trail races and ultramarathons in the 2004 and 2005 range.
- Five top-ten at Marathon des Sables in Morocco (inc 2nd in 2009 and 1st in 2013).
- Hardrock 100 5th, 6th.
- Two FKT's on Nolan's 14 (2016 and 2020).
- Social Media - -