Submitted by Christof Teuscher:
The Alpine Lakes Grand Tour is a 75+ miles route that starts at Snoqualmie Pass, leads through the magic Alpine Lakes Wilderness, and ends at the Snow Lakes trailhead just outside of Leavenworth. The route has about 22,000+ feet of elevation gain. It was initially proposed by Erich Sach as part of the 2014 UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge (UPWC, https://www.facebook.com/groups/UPWildernessChallenge) and has been part of the annual UPWC since then. For more info at https://www.facebook.com/groups/UPWildernessChallenge
- Start: Snow Lake Trailhead (Snoqualmie Pass)
- Get to the lake and head down to the Middle Fork trail. Take the trail up past the Hot springs to Dutch Miller Gap.
- Continue towards Ivanhoe Lake to Waptus Lake, get on the PCT towards Cathedral Rock.
- Take trail 1345 down to Tucquala Meadow Campground.
- About 1 mile down the road (4330) is trail 1595 go up and over Paddy-Go-Easy Pass.
- At French Creek head East on 1559 to 1558 head North to 1557 head up to Trout Lake.
- Continue up to Windy Pass towards Eight Mile creek then a small section of road up to Colchuck Lake TH.
- From the lake make your way up Aasgard Pass then enjoy the enchantments as you head back to ward Snow lakes and the trail head on Icicle Creek Road.