Following THE GREAT TRAIL from Webb Road between Concession 2 and Concession 3 to Goodwood Road between Concession 7 and Lakeridge Road in Durham, this route (starting in the West and going East) travels through:
- Goodwood Conservation Area (entrance on Webb Road, between Concession 2 and 3)
- Secord Forest and Wildlife Area (between Concession 3 and 4)
- Clubline Conservation Area and Norton Tract (between Concession 4 and 5)
- East Duffins Headwaters and North Walker Woods (between Concession 6 and 7)
- Through the Durham Regional Forest (from Concession 7 to exit on Goodwood Road)
These trails are impeccably groomed, with some rolling hills but nothing epic. Extremely scenic and runnable. No amenities along the way though, even at the road crossings.
Other than the first section of the Goodwood Conservation Area, all of the Great Trail is clearly marked by "The Great Trail" signage and/or tree flares (mostly white).
Some wildlife, but fiercest encounter was either with a porcupine or off-leash dog! Just remember to be Tick Smart!