The Phoenix Phearsome Phour route links up 4 prominent peaks in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve: Camelback Mountain, Piestewa Peak, North Mountain, and Shaw Butte. Starting at Camelback and finishing at Shaw Butte, this route is the most direct to summit all 4 peaks while running almost entirely on trails. With over 20 miles and 5500' of elevation gain and descent, this route tours the must-do climbs in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve in one point to point run.
* Start and end at the Echo Canyon and Shaw Butte (Central Ave) trailheads, going in either direction
* Hit all 4 peaks
* Use only trails, bike path, and dirt roads in between each peak with the exception of:
1. Sidewalks between Echo Canyon trailhead and Quartz Ridge trailhead
2. The short section of road at the top of Piestewa Peak Drive
3. The road up to North Mountain
This looks fun! I'm going to try it tomorrow (John-supported)... with all kinds of caveats including I have no idea what's possible for me right now. It wouldn't be nearly as interesting if the outcome were certain. Tracking link: