This route is entirely runnable and combines speedy singletrack with breathtaking views, including an alpine lake, all while circumnavigating Mt. Yale (14,196').
- Start at Avalanche Trailhead
- Head north on the Colorado Trail
- At saddle, descend north to Silver Creek TH
- Turn left at County Road 365, continuing to N. Cottonwood Creek TH (~1.5 mi 4x4 road)
- At junction, take left onto Kroenke Lake trail toward Brown's Pass
- At Brown's Pass, descend all the way down to Denny Creek TH
- Turn left at Highway 306 and punch the gas to speed back to Avalanche TH, closing the loop
Or run the opposite direction if you prefer.